How We do what we do
Targa’s management has 38 years’ successful experience in retail supply. Business relationships have been fostered within this time frame with most major mass and independent retailers.
Retail Supply Chain
- New product or company listings – both at Chain Group and Independent Retail Head office level where Targa has years of relationships and experience.
- Targa employs the services of a leading Brand Analytics Company which focussed on pinpointing opportunities within a specific product category within a market segment. This information may prove vital to critical decisions on product channels and the related challenges and barriers to entry for that product within a target market
- Merchandising – Targa has solid relationships with and is able to appoint and select a suitable 3rd party merchandising service at competitive rates for prospective Principals.
- Targa has a successful relationship with a major Brand Activation Company, which can tailor-make any campaign to suit the prospective client’s adspend budget
- Targa can assist with the intricate details and identify the red-flag areas of retail trading terms and rebates with the Principal prior to costing & listing.
- Targa can offer valuable experience in both supply chain arenas – via retail RDC’s (Regional Distribution Centres) and direct to store.
- In addition, Targa is able to obtain listings in reputable wholesalers, affording the Principal instant national coverage into rural and local smaller independent co-operative and hardware related outlets.
- Targa can offer access to The United Kingdom through trusted channels for prospective Principals.
- Experience in Hardware, Outdoor and General Merchandise offers any Principal the opportunity to develop their business through sound relationships both in South Africa and Africa.
- Its local outlet data base can offer a prospective Principal an immediate footprint into retail groups.
- Steve Donaldson spent 2 years in Tanzania and has extensive overseas business knowledge both in export and import.
- Targa has a close association with a solid UK based distributor and welcomes product enquiries from specifically South African manufacturers where an inroad into a FMCG channel is required within the UK
- Targa can also assist with overseas supply sourcing.
- Targa can develop relationships and business into Africa in the retail, solar & renewable energy, mining and construction sectors where it holds valuable contractual agreements and relationships.
- Targa has a track record and has successfully grown many business entities both in sales and in customer footprint in SA and Africa
- The 38 years plus experience affords a prospective Principal the benefit of avoiding known pitfalls when venturing into the retail arena
- Targa’s ability to identify and saturate niche markets through years of supply relationships affords a prospective customer the added advantage of accessing these markets in a direct and short a timeframe as possible
- Targa is able to expediently identify and maximise a products potential within a selected market segment and ensure that it is costed to suit that segment prior to listing
- Targa is the Principal’s first-choice option where access to top retail management is required